New York OB/GYN Associates™ offers superior private early abortion solutions, and is recognized as a national leader in abortion care with over 30 years of experience. Our offices provide an environment that is safe and private, where our board certified OB/GYNs offer compassionate and expert care. We believe that an abortion is a private matter, and just like any other medical condition it is treated that way. We are a full service private practice OB/GYN office that offers the newest state of the art abortion methods. Unlike abortion clinics we schedule each patient privately, so there is minimal waiting time to see your physician. This way we make sure that we do not have overlapping appointments and the care we provide each patient is private and confidential. By treating our patients this way we assure that there are no busy waiting rooms, no overwhelmed staff and we are able to maintain a 1-1.5 hour office appointment. During that office appointment you will have expert counseling and care by our Board Certified OB/GYNs in a private exam room.
Making the choice to have an abortion is a private decision and you deserve the best care
At New York OB/GYN Associates™ we are different from an abortion clinic. Abortion clinics often double book patients to arrive at the same time, they have crowded, non-private waiting areas, and tend to have long wait times with 4-6 hour long appointments. In an abortion clinic you meet with several staff members and visits are not individualized, you are often treated “like a number”.
Usually patients sit together before they are called into the operating room, and there are numerous patients in the recovery room. In many cases, you are not given a chance to meet with a doctor and weigh your options about what method is right for you.
Compare our private abortion services to typical abortion
clinics, and learn why we are truly different.
At New York OB/GYN Associates™ we offer the safest and gentlest methods of abortion care. The methods we use in our office include:
The Aspiration Abortion Procedure
using the newest state of the art Pro-Vac System
. The Pro-Vac Aspiration Abortion method is a non-surgical, non-invasive procedure that does not involve scraping and scarring. As such, it is a gentler and safer option, with a quicker recovery when compared to the Mini-Vac system or dilation and curettage (D&C), used by many other centers. The procedure lasts a few minutes and is conducted in our state of the art private exam room. Patients can usually expect an immediate recovery, resuming normal activities once the procedure is over.
We offer the Abortion Pill/RU-486
. This method is the safest, most effective natural abortion method. This method uses a pill to induce the termination of pregnancy. This method is gentle, effective, and a natural abortion solution. We offer the patient the choice of taking the first pill, Mifepristone, orally in our offices or in the privacy of their own home. The next 2 pills, Misoprostol, are then taken orally 48 hours later. The method allows termination naturally in the privacy of a patients home.
What to expect when you come for your office visit:
- You will be greeted by our friendly receptionist in our beautifully decorated private OB/GYN office
- We only schedule one appointment at a time, and several a day, so there won’t be a busy, cramped waiting room
- We are a full service OB/GYN office, so other than you and our staff no one will know you are there for an abortion
- You may fill out our patient forms in the office or patient forms online
- You will be taken care of in a private setting with complete confidentiality
- You have your own private examination room, which you can stay in until you leave the office
- You will have one private nurse specially assigned to you
- You will have a pregnancy test and ultrasound completed by your board certified OB/GYN to confirm your pregnancy
- Your Board Certified OB/GYN will counsel you regarding different treatment options for a termination of pregnancy
- After your choice has been made, your abortion solution will be conducted in the same office visit
- You can expect a total office appointment time of 1-1.5 hours
- We welcome, parents, spouses, or companions. If you bring a companion they can be with you during your entire visit